Sunday, November 16, 2008

Postponed Until Further Notice...

We don't have much to report, except that we have postponed having children until we can agree on some names. You would think that after dating for uh...some time that we would have this all figured out. Sam would like to name our first boys Hose A and Hose B. I vetoed that. His other suggestions include Buzz, Golden, Titan, and Quartz Aaauuugghhh. He also likes October and November (the names - not the months). He also suggested Gordon. Yuck. Sunday or Monday? Avalon? Weird. I like Porter and Mason. He doesn't want our children's names to be professions. I also like Cole, Tate, Parker, and Carter. He is now suggesting Phillip. Phil? HUH? Who is this man I married? Hero? or would it be Hiro? I hate weird spellings! Bruce? Wayne? Both? NO WAY. There is a huge gulf between the names Sam likes and the names I like. We might actually be able to agree on girls' names. But here's the second problem. We both really like the name Bella, but I HATE Twilight. I cannot imagine myself naming a child after a vampire wanna-be. It's back to the drawing board, folks. We'll keep you updated. We have a huge gulf to cross.

10 comments:

A Frost said...

Heather I am so HAPPY that I am not the only mormon girl that hates Twilight! Hope you guys are well. I love reading your blog and seeing the updates.

Brittany said...

Oh sheesh! Sam. Sam. What are you thinking? That was too funny. Good luck with the names!

CeeJ said...

I could have predicted this would happen!! I like Cole. (Not that the ex-home-teachee gets a vote...) But I thought I'd mention it anyway!
By the way Heather- I think by the time you two get around to having children, you could still use Bella. The Twilight thing will have come and gone by then. I mean, you could tell people it's a spin-off from Beauty & the Beast too.
I think Bella is very pretty.
:) Bella Blackham. That fits. Cole Blackham. That works too.
Bruce Wayne Blackham. Let's just make it Bruce Wayne Hall-Blackham if you're going to go to the extreme!!
Let's hope you have a girl!!! ;)
Good luck!!

Jennifer and Jason said...

I didn't want to have to do this, but for you Heather I will. I will go in the vault and release my "go to cowboy name." You and Sam can use it. Jen had really strong feeling about Tallin and Colt, and if we have another boy I think she would have warmed up to it. So, here it is...Roper. You are welcome.

mom said...

Oh my - this could be interesting! I will keep my mouth shut so I don't have to eat my words. Good luck. love ya - mom

Hi Lary said...

Uh......good luck Heather. I think Sam is super awesome, but his choice in child names are no bueno. However, your children will be darling so I guess if they have horrible names they might get by on good looks. Not sure that's something you want your kids to rely on....but with a name like Quartz and Buzz what do you expect???

Tara L. Stradling said...

I'm so happy to know he is as retarded with you and he is with me here at work. I'm sorry.

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

I'm relieved we're not the only ones with this issue!

Heidi said...

Sam and Jake aren't allowed to talk about names anymore because Jacob has some crazy ideas after the other night...

Jennica said...

Oh my word! That is the funniest thing that I have read in days!!! Thanks for the laugh.