Sunday, November 30, 2008

25 Days to go

It's been a crazy week. Sam was in Utah for work until Tuesday night. He missed his flight but caught a later one. Then we sped (or tried) out of town for Thanksgiving. We hit horrendous traffic and drove to El Paso to spend the holiday with my brother's family and my mom and dad. We got back late Friday night and have been getting our house ready for Christmas. I really loved seeing my nephews and spending some time relaxing with family. I didn't take pictures - I forgot. Sounds terrible (but Tallin said I am his favorite aunt anyway). I think his exact words were "Heidi who?" I still have some work to do with little Colt, who called me Aunt Hilary behind my back. I have been called worse though. They are handsome little buggers, and I can't wait to see them again soon. I'm having a hard time gearing up for this week, but I am pleased at the thought that we have 15 days of school, 19 actual days, until Winter Break! I am more excited than my students. And in the meantime we can start Christmas shopping, baking (I got a new Kitchenaid!) and singing Christmas carols. I love this time of year.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love this time of year too...I think tomorrow I'll tackle the christmas decorations! Then maybe it will be looking more like Christmas around here! Glad you got to got to El Paso and spend some time.

mom said...

I wish someone would come home and decorate. All I can get done is quilting and Relief Society. The fall stuff is really bugging me. Maybe I'll just have to break down and spend some time today. I hope decorations will put me in the Christmas Spirit.