Sunday, November 2, 2008

A First for Everything

Slowly, but surely, Heather is helping me get immersed in social media. For years now she has tried to convince me to join Facebook and, more recently, to blog. For a few of those years I resisted the suggestion to join Facebook based on the misconception that Facebook was for meeting people to date. As Heather and I were dating, I could not understand why she thought it would be a good idea for me to sign up. As for blogging, I believe it was Heather's brother Justin that declared blogging is for girls.

After a few more nudges from Heather and Shawna and a brazillion requests from other long-lost friends (which I found out later were actually from Shawna), I gave in and recently joined Facebook. (Heather is concerned I am now a Facebook junkie. Not so. I am just making up for the amount of time she has had to find everyone she has ever known to become friends with. Now the race is on. First person to 250 friends wins. In fact, I had a heck of a time getting her to agree to be my Facebook wife. I think she still liked the idea of being able to still have a foot in the Facebook dating pool!)

That being said, it is with much fanfare that I present this, my first post ever to a blog. I am sure it will not meet the standards which the great bloggers of the past have set, and I am sure I will offend one or all of the people I have ever met as I venture into this strange new world of spilling my guts to family, friends, and total strangers. Yee haw.

So for those of you looking for thought provoking, deep, intellectual discussions about life, please read Heather's posts. If you are in the mood to change it up a bit, trying clicking the 'Next Blog' button above. Otherwise, feel free to pull up a monitor and read a few ramblings. Who knows. You might even want to expand your own footprint in the world of social media.

And Dear, you better keep at it; I have four friend requests waiting for my acceptance!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Honey, I am not playing the Facebook game with you. Last night I beat you in three games; I don't think you can handle any more losses.

Brittany said...

I am cracking up at this post. Sam you are halarious. Hope the Facebook contest goes well...

CeeJ said...

I'm glad you joined Facebook Sam!!! It's about time!! :D

Jennica said...

Welcome to facebook and blogging! Wow you have really made some leaps and bounds in the social networking online world... :)

Shannon said...

Hey Sam I myself just joined facebook about a week or two ago. BJ is not convinced yet through. Knowing that you two are on there I'll have to add you as friends. However since I will be adding both of you it's not going to help the contest,sorry.