Sunday, November 23, 2008

Count Your Many Blessings...

We just had a lesson about adversity in Relief Society today, and I can't help but feel that I have been remiss in giving thanks for the blessings I enjoy. I'm always shocked and amazed to discover the trials that others experience. I felt like an ungrateful wretch today, and I realized that too often I am quick to gripe and complain about stupid, inconsequential things. So today, I am grateful to have:

1. a husband whom I really love and who treats me wonderfully
2. a wonderful family
3. a job that I enjoy most of the time
4. a coteacher to help me with 6th hour
5. a husband with a good job at a great company
6. a healthy body
7. the knowledge that I am a daughter of God
8. knowledge of the plan of salvation
9. long naps on Sunday afternoons (because we have EARLY church.)
10. warm, sunny days - in November
11. great friends and neighbors
12. opportunities to develop talents
13. nephews to visit on Thanksgiving!
14. more nephews and a niece to see at Christmas
15. parents who taught me how to work, cook, and clean
16. plenty of food to eat
17. a nice home (or two...)
18. renters
19. health insurance
20. an education

That just scratches the surface, but at this time in my life I have SO MUCH to be grateful for. I am going to try really hard this week not to complain about getting up early to go to work, making dinner, or even about my 6th hour class.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Heather you are so cute. I'm grateful for you this Thanksgiving. And our chats we have all the time. I don't know what I would do without my wonderful sisters.

mom said...

ah Heather - that is nice. It's always so good to stop and think about the really important things and realize how VERY blessed we are. You and Sam and our family are at the top of my "blessing list". I'm glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with you.