Sunday, September 14, 2008

Here we go again.

This is the third blog I have started. My old one used my maiden name, and then Sam and I attempted to start one on another site. I am technologically illiterate, and I can't figure out how to make it work the way I would like. So...we are back to blogspot. Now I am ready to keep this up and running. We will have been married two months at the end of this week. That seems such a short time and yet such a long time all at once. Weird, I know. The last few months have been a whirlwind for us. We went to family reunions, got married, went on an awesome cruise to Alaska, moved me in with Sam, started school, and moved wards. During that time I had some training to attend for school, and some training of other teachers to implement. Sam has been insanely busy at work, and we have been working on getting settled into our house (which mostly consists of me hanging pictures and rearranging things a million times.) Despite the busy-ness, the last two months have been some of the happiest of my life. We have both really enjoyed being married, more even than we thought we would. We are hoping that starting this blog will help us stay in better contact with our family and friends, and also serve as a journal of sorts. Don't hold your breath for any "Dear Diary" soul-baring posts, but we hope it will help us to remember this time in our lives. This week has been busy, as usual. Sam worked a TON, and I spent some serious time with the red pen grading papers. We are halfway through the 1st quarter (time flies when you're having fun!) and we had grades due. We also had the chance to go to the temple for the first time since we were married. When we walked in they asked us to do sealings, and it was the best experience I have ever had doing sealings (besides my own, of course!). It was a sweet reminder of the promises we have made to each other and to the Lord, and hopefully is something we will be able to return and do often. We have spent some serious time playing games this weekend, during which time I have been soundly beaten and my humility restored. (It has been missing of late...mostly since I almost ALWAYS win.) And now we are ready to start out another crazy week. As I think about the last couple of months, I can't help but be immensely grateful for all I have been blessed with. I have a husband who loves me and treats me like a million bucks; I have a wonderful supportive family- on both sides; I have a job I mostly really enjoy; I have a beautiful home; and I have the knowledge of the gospel. What more could a girl want?

4 comments:

*Ashley said...

I love your pictures! You're so pretty!!

Becky and Brian said...

Heather and Sam,
We are so happy for you! We need to see you soon and enjoy some game playing!

CeeJ said...

"What more could a girl want?" Not much I'll tell you!! Well, maybe to keep in touch with her awesome friends! ;) Well- looks like you've got that too! :D

I'm glad things are going well for you. Crazy, but good. And it makes me smile to read that you are enjoying marriage- even more than you thought you would. Glad to hear it! :D

We can share that with other long-term couples... to encourage them to follow your good example. ;)

Brittany said...

Ah Heather Feather, you are so cute. So glad you are enjoying married life! It's wonderful!

Love you.