Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Blessing





On Sunday, April 4th Carson was given a name and a blessing by his dad. It was also Easter Sunday, and I can think of no better way to celebrate Easter than to bless a new baby. We were fortunate to have a small group of family in town, and we are so thankful to have had them here. Both sets of grandparents were here, as well as a few sisters, brothers-in-law, and some close friends. We missed those who are out of town (and that's quite a few of you!) Carson is named Carson Scott Blackham, after both of his grandpa's and his dad. They are all such good men, and I hope that Carson will develop the same qualities of kindness, strength, and priesthood power that these men have. We feel so blessed to have him in our home, and we love him more everyday.

4 comments:

Hi Lary said...

OH how precious! I wish I could have been there. I laughed when I saw the picture of our fam....with jake TOWERING over everyone.

PS, mom I almost bought that skirt the other day, and I thought to myself "mom would love this skirt". But alas, i remembered I'm a poor college student and didn't get the skirt. Great minds think alike! :)

Jennifer and Jason said...

We were thinking of you guys all day. What great pics, he seems so cool. We can't wait to meet our new little buddy. The boys have asked about him a lot. They get mad when I call him Truckson, they don't think it's very funny. Love and miss you guys.

Brittany said...

He is a handsome little fellow, and he looked most handsome on his Blessing Day!

You look SO great too Heather! You are such a cute mom!

Cin said...

I'm glad your day was special...wish we could have been there but we were there in our hearts...thanks for sharing! :-)