Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet Caroline!



Last week our friends Brian and Becky Smith invited us to a Neil Diamond concert as a wedding gift. While I would not consider myself a Diamond die-hard, I have grown up listening to music from the 70's, thanks to the influence of my parents. I found I was quite familiar with his music, and we all enjoyed hobnobbing with the blue-hairs immensely. The man can sing a tune, even at the ripe old age of 100. My personal favorite was "Sweet Caroline" which he sang three, yes THREE, times. Who can forget "Forever in Blue Jeans", and of course "Coming to America"? I was amazed at the emotion and passion he has. I think were he not a singer, Neil would have been a preacher man. He's nothing short of evangelical, and we had a blast listening, singing, and dancing along. After listening to him sing, I have come to the conclusion that one of the many things wrong with kids these days is that they listen to CRAP. You gotta love a man who sings about blue jeans, America, and God. We had a blast! Thank you, Brian and Becky!

4 comments:

CeeJ said...

Awesome! How fun for you!! I like that song too! It's one you have to sing along with!

mom said...

All Right! People who know good music. Sounds like my cup of tea (If I drank tea)

Naomi said...

Oh, how I heart Neil baby.

Heidi said...

I am super jealous. 'Sweet Caroline' three times...that's awesome.